Hen piccata is made with boneless skinless rooster breasts, a scrumptious white wine lemon sauce, and capers. We love serving this rooster piccata recipe subsequent to angel hair pasta for a whole meal.
This 30-minute meal is a Match Foodie reader favourite. This Hen Piccata is constituted of scratch with just some easy substances. It’s excessive protein and comes collectively so simply!
Hen Piccata = Favourite Dinner
You probably have by no means had rooster piccata, as we speak is your fortunate day! This rooster piccata recipe is considered one of our new favourite chicken dishes. You simply can’t go improper with including this meal to your weeknight dinners rotation.
What’s rooster piccata? Hen piccata is an Italian dish that’s made with tenderized rooster breast (initially made with veal) that’s dredged in a flour combination, fried, after which doused in a white wine and caper sauce.
You will love this model of the rooster piccata. It’s wealthy and flavorful and likewise prepared in half-hour.
Hen Piccata Elements
Not solely does this rooster piccata have a brief prepare dinner time, nevertheless it has a brief ingredient listing, too! Right here is every part you want for this flavorful rooster piccata recipe.
- Hen breast – basic rooster piccata makes use of rooster breast, however you may also use boneless, skinless rooster thighs.
- White entire wheat flour – somewhat flour is used for dredging to make the rooster golden brown and delicios.
- Spices – you solely want primary spices for this recipe — salt, floor pepper, granulated garlic, and Italian seasoning.
- Olive oil – the olive oil is used for searing, however you’re greater than welcome to make use of butter as a substitute,.
- Dry white wine – the piccata sauce is made with the bottom of a yummy dry white wine.
- Hen broth – broth is used so as to add quantity to the sauce.
- Lemon juice – freshly squeezed lemon juice is vital for the sauce. Ensure that to make use of contemporary squeezed!
- Capers – capers add simply the correct amount of saltiness to this recipe.
Learn how to Make Hen Piccata
Put together the Hen
One of the crucial vital elements of constructing rooster piccata is ensuring that the rooster is skinny and all the rooster items find yourself near the identical thickness.
The very first thing you wish to do when making ready the rooster for rooster piccata is lower every rooster breast in half lengthwise. This creates double the quantity of rooster and you find yourself with skinny rooster items that make for good piccata.
After the rooster is lower in half, it’s time to pound the rooster, each to get the rooster to the identical thickness and to tenderize the meat. To pound the meat, place the rooster on a slicing board and canopy it with plastic wrap.
From there, pound the rooster with a meat tenderizer till all the rooster items attain the identical thickness.
Hen Seasoning for Hen Piccata
The seasoning for the rooster piccata is a combination of easy spices and flour (sure, flour!).
Why do you could dredge the rooster in flour? You do that to kind a coating on the rooster that may create probably the most golden-brown crust on the rooster that soaks up the scrumptious white wine sauce.
After you’ve gotten pounded the rooster, run the rooster in water, let the surplus moisture drip off, after which dredge (or cowl) the rooster within the flour combination till the rooster is totally lined.
Pan Fry the Hen
After the rooster has been dredged by the flour, it’s time to brown the rooster.
To do that, warmth olive oil over medium excessive warmth in a skillet. Prepare dinner the rooster on both sides for 3-4 minutes or till the rooster is golden brown or till the inner temperature of the rooster reaches 165ºF.
Make Lemon White Wine Sauce
While you ask folks what they love about rooster piccata, often they are saying that the white wine sauce is their favourite half. Why? As a result of it’s so wealthy and scrumptious.
The sauce could appear to be an advanced factor to make, however it’s a lovely mixture of little bits of rooster, rooster seasoning, and all the scrumptious sauce substances.
What’s rooster piccata sauce manufactured from?
The rooster piccata sauce is made with white wine, flour, rooster broth, contemporary lemon juice, and capers. You simmer the sauce till it thickens after which pour it over the superbly cooked rooster.
What does rooster piccata style like? This scrumptious sauce tastes like a lemony, garlicky, tangy sauce with a touch of salt (thanks capers!).
Finest Wine for Hen Piccata Sauce
We talked about that you simply want dry white wine and that is extraordinarily vital. Our favourite dry white wines to prepare dinner with are:
- Sauvingon Blanc (hints of citrus)
- Pinot Grigio (fruitier)
Hen Piccata Ideas + Methods
Don’t neglect to Tenderize the Hen!
Tenderizing your rooster breast (AKA pounding it) in order that it’s all comparatively the identical thickness is vital. The extra even your rooster, the extra completely it should prepare dinner.
Can I meal prep rooster piccata?
Sure, you possibly can meal prep rooster piccata. We advise protecting the rooster separate from the sauce till you’re prepared to arrange the rooster all through the week.
How do you retailer rooster piccata?
To retailer rooster piccata, you wish to let the rooster cool fully earlier than putting it in an air-tight container. You additionally wish to retailer the sauce in a separate air-tight container.
Swap up the protein!
You learn that appropriately. You possibly can simply make this recipe with boneless skinless rooster thighs as a substitute of breasts. However, do you know you may also make it with a totally totally different protein like salmon? Take a look at our Salmon Piccata recipe.
This salmon piccata is a flavorful 30-minute meal that may blow your thoughts. You sear your salmon to perfection after which serve it with a scrumptious piccata sauce.
Hen piccata is scrumptious by itself however it’s generally served on prime of angel hair pasta with contemporary parsley and typically parmesan cheese. Nonetheless, you would serve it on prime of any pasta! You may even serve rooster piccata on prime of mashed potatoes!
Hen piccata would even be scrumptious with salads or facet dishes. Listed here are a few of our favorites.
- 1-lb. Boneless, skinless rooster breasts (2 giant rooster breasts)
- ⅓ cup white entire wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic (or garlic powder)
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon floor pepper
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2–3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup dry white wine (we used Sauvignon blanc)
- 1 tablespoon flour combination (from above)
- 1/2 cup rooster broth
- 2 tablespoons contemporary lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons capers (together with juice)
- Start by slicing the rooster breasts lengthwise in half to create 4 cutlets.
- Then, place the rooster cutlets on a slicing board and canopy them with plastic wrap. Utilizing a meat tenderizer, pound the rooster to a ½-inch thickness. Put aside.
- Combine rooster breading collectively in a medium-sized bowl by combining entire wheat flour, granulated garlic, salt and pepper, and italian seasoning. Reserve 1 tablespoon for later.
- Dredge the rooster by first rinsing every rooster breast with water after which dredging the rooster by the flour combination. Ensure that the rooster breast is totally lined within the flour combination.
- Subsequent, warmth a big skillet over medium/excessive warmth. Add olive oil.
- When olive oil is aromatic, add the rooster cutlets to the pan.
- Saute every cutlet for 4-5 minutes per facet on medium warmth, or till golden brown and totally cooked.
- When the rooster is golden brown on each side, take away rooster cutlets from the pan. Put aside.
- Deglaze the pan by pouring the white wine into the skillet. Use a spatula to scrape the little brown bits from the pan.
- Subsequent, add 1 tablespoon of the remaining flour combination to the pan and whisk along with wine till it thickens
- Add broth, lemon juice, and capers to the pan and whisk collectively.
- Take away from warmth and pour the piccata sauce over the rooster.
- Serve over pasta of alternative, or by itself.
Serving Dimension: 1/4
Key phrases: rooster piccata
Pictures: pictures taken on this publish are by Erin from The Picket Skillet.
Pictures: pictures taken on this publish are by Erin from The Picket Skillet.