Mashed candy potatoes are a silky clean, buttery aspect made with roasted sweet potatoes, an entire head of garlic, and a bit Greek yogurt.
The Creamiest Mashed Candy Potatoes
Serve these savory mashed candy potatoes at your subsequent vacation gathering or make it as a aspect subsequent to any of your favourite entrees. They’re the proper mixture of candy, savory, and creamy,
Ought to I Roast or Boil?
Plenty of mashed candy potato recipes name for boiling your candy potatoes. Nevertheless, we’re all about getting essentially the most and greatest taste our of our substances and because of this we’re instructing you to roast them!
How one can Roast Candy Potatoes
Now we have an superior tutorial on how to roast sweet potatoes, however I assumed I’d provide the rundown for the best way to roast halved candy potatoes.
Wash and Slice – start by rinsing your taters beneath chilly water to take away any residue. Then, pat dry with a kitchen towel. Slice every candy potato down the center, scorching canine model, to chop them in half.
Rub with Olive Oil – place candy potatoes on a baking sheet or in a casserole dish, and drizzle with olive oil. Then, use your palms to rub the oil into each side of the candy potato.
Season with Salt and Pepper – generously season potatoes with salt and pepper (and another spices similar to garlic powder, chili powder, and so on.), ensuring all sides are coated.
Roast, Flip, Roast – roast candy potatoes for 20 minutes at 375ºF. Then, flip each over and roast for one more 20 minutes.
How are you aware your candy potatoes are absolutely cooked?
your candy potatoes are absolutely cooked when then turn into darker in coloration and they’re fork tender. Relying on how massive your candy potatoes are, it’s possible you’ll have to cook dinner them for an extra 5-10 minutes.
Would you quite boil your potatoes?
In case you are a fan of boiling your candy potatoes or in case you don’t have area in your oven you possibly can boil your candy potatoes, too. Right here’s how.
- Wash your candy potatoes and chop them into quarters.
- Place the candy potatoes in a big pot and canopy them with water. Add 1-2 teaspoons of kosher salt.
- Deliver the water to a boil over excessive warmth after which flip warmth to medium warmth and let the potatoes simmer till they’re fork tender (20-Half-hour).
- Drain the water from the potatoes and proceed with the mashed candy potato recipe within the recipe card.
How one can Mash Candy Potatoes
When you’ve received your potatoes completely roasted, they need to be quite straightforward to mash. Don’t neglect about your entire head of roasted garlic, that’s going to get mashed with candy potatoes together with a bit Greek yogurt, and butter.
In the case of the mashing of your candy potatoes. You’ve received choices. Earlier than you begin to mash, simply ensure your candy potatoes are tender and cooked or else you’ll find yourself with stringy mashed potatoes.
Right here’s the down-low on the sorts of textures you’ll get with every.
- Potato Masher: lumpy with bites of texture
- Meals Processor: tremendous clean and creamy
- Hand Mixer or Immersion Blender: principally creamy with few lumps
We used an immersion blender, however actually, any of the choices I shared work!
Enjoyable Taste Variations
Candy . Add a bit sweetness to your mashed candy potatoes by including a tablespoon of maple syrup or brown sugar to the potatoes if you mash them.
Spicy– You can provide your mashed candy potatoes a bit kick pink pepper flakes or cayenne pepper.
Add a spice combine. You may sprinkle a teaspoon or two of your favourite seasoning on high of your candy potatoes for a reasonably garnish and so as to add additional taste. We propose utilizing this homemade everything bagel seasoning or homemade ranch seasoning.
Are these Potatoes Wholesome?
Woman, you’re in for a deal with as a result of our wholesome mashed candy potatoes recipe is of course gluten-free AND….is so good for you.
- Protein: because of the Greek yogurt and candy potatoes, this recipe will get you 5g protein per serving.
- Fiber: candy potatoes are a starchy vegetable filled with fiber and one serving of this candy potato mash will get you 5g fiber.
- Filled with Nutritional vitamins & Minerals: this aspect dish is stuffed with nutritional vitamins C and A and likewise carries magnesium and beta carotene.
How one can make it even more healthy!
We’re all about stability at Match Foodie Finds and that’s why we’re not afraid to make use of full-fat merchandise and even BUTTER! We all know that plenty of our viewers will make their very own modifications to this recipe (YAY), so we thought we’d give some tips on the best way to make it even more healthy.
Olive Oil: as a substitute of rubbing your candy potatoes with 1.5 tablespoons of olive oil, attempt spraying them with coconut oil cooking spray.
Full-Fats Greek Yogurt: watching your fats consumption? Swap the full-fat Greek for 0% Greek yogurt as a substitute!
Butter: whereas butter provides wonderful taste, it’s not completely obligatory for this recipe. You may omit the butter all-together if want be.
How one can Make this Vegan
In case you’re hoping to show this recipe vegan, I’ve received a couple of methods up my sleep that may aid you accomplish this. Swap the butter for vegan butter and the Greek yogurt for a dairy-free yogurt. BOOM, you’ve received your self some scrumptious vegan mashed candy potatoes.
Let your mashed candy potatoes cool fully earlier than inserting them in an air tight container. Retailer them within the fridge for as much as 5 days.
Because you’re seemingly planning to serve these candy potatoes subsequent to different meals, I assumed I’d give some suggestions, in case you’re nonetheless in search of extra concepts!
Vacation Pairing Concepts
Weeknight Most important-Dish Concepts
Candy Potato Aspect Dish Recipes
- 5 massive candy potatoes
- 1.5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon floor pepper, divided
- 1 head roasted garlic
- 1/3 cup full-fat Greek (or bitter cream)
- 2 tablespoons butter (+ extra for topping)
- non-compulsory garnish: recent thyme
- First, preheat oven to 375ºF and spray a big casserole dish or baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Subsequent, prep candy potatoes by slicing off the ends after which slicing them in half long-ways (hot-dog model). Then, slice the sharp finish of a head of garlic off to show the cloves.
- Lay the candy potatoes and garlic head on the baking sheet, open face-up.
- Then, drizzle with olive oil and season with 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Roast at 375ºF for for 20 minutes. Then flip candy potatoes and garlic in order that they’re skin-side up and roast for one more 20 minutes or till the candy potatoes may be simply pierced with a fork.
- Take away from oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Subsequent, use a spoon to scoop out the flesh of the candy potatoes (or skip this step in case you love the pores and skin!) and place into a big bowl.
- Then, squeeze the roasted garlic cloves out of their casing and place into bowl on candy potatoes. Add Greek yogurt and butter.
- Use a hand mixer to combine every thing collectively till clean.
Serving Dimension: 1/8
Key phrases: mashed candy potatoes